Technical Business Analyst
Location: Glen Allen, VA, USA
Job ID: 12710
Standard Hours: 40
Compensation Range: $63,000 - $78,600
RetailData partners with the largest retailers in the world to provide competitive intelligence solutions. With consumers dynamically shifting their purchasing patterns between the various in-store and e-commerce sales channels, we are perpetually innovating new solutions and products to meet client needs. Our industry-leading expertise in price, assortment and promotional data sets, in conjunction with our expansive technology and analytics platforms, has positioned us perfectly to help retailers navigate these unprecedented retail changes.
About the Role:
This key role is an active thought partner and application visionary who shapes our business’s demand for technology.
What You'll Do:
- Partner with internal business and technology teams to elicit, analyze, translate, and document business requirements into technical requirements to develop plans/platforms to achieve strategic visions.
- Analyze, document and test program development, logic, process flows and specifications
- Conduct user acceptance testing, documents user manuals related to application installations and operating procedures.
- Coordinate the project resources to ensure that projects are delivered on time and within budget, to include leading scrum and grooming sessions and requirements overviews with developers.
- Improve existing systems by identifying problem areas and writing improved procedures.
- Assist in the quality assurance, defining testing strategy, and risks. Provide significant contributions in the testing and debugging of new software or enhancements in a timely manner.
What You'll Need:
- Experience creating process flow diagrams and other technical documents to support development.
- Understanding of and experience with RESTful architecture for API development, using tools like PostMan, Fiddler, or similar.
- Basic understanding of modern authentication practices and basic understanding of best practices for developing secure applications.
- Demonstrated expertise in understanding of business complexity and project interdependencies.
- Intellectual curiosity, ability to question thought partners across functional areas.
- Outstanding written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to quickly troubleshoot problems and flexible and adaptable to changes.
- Strong understanding of basic system engineering, object-oriented design, information risk and security guidelines, and architecture standards.
- In-depth understanding of various software development methodologies (e.g., Agile, Waterfall).
- Understanding of modeling techniques, such as unified modeling language.
- Ability to multi-task, prioritize and work in a fast-paced environment, and work independently.
- Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Office products.
- Opportunity to work a hybrid schedule, Tue-Wed-Thur on site.
- A competitive base salary plus annual bonus eligibility.
- Comprehensive benefits package including 401k with match, medical, dental and vision, life and disability coverage.
- An international and diverse work
- Opportunity to begin making immediate contributions to the organization.
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement: RetailData is committed to a policy of nondiscrimination and equal opportunity for all employees and qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religious creed, national origin, sex, age, disability, marital status, or sexual orientation