Location: Glen Allen, Virginia, United States
Job ID: 1882
Standard Hours: 40
Compensation Range: $72,000 - $95,000
RetailData partners with the largest retailers in the world to provide competitive intelligence solutions. With consumers dynamically shifting their purchasing patterns between the various in-store and e-commerce sales channels, we are perpetually innovating new solutions and products to meet client needs. Our industry-leading expertise in price, assortment and promotional data sets, in conjunction with our expansive technology and analytics platforms, has positioned us perfectly to help retailers navigate these unprecedented retail changes.
ABOUT THE ROLE
Do you get excited about building a modernized B2B SaaS platform supporting working professionals in the retail industry that empowers their needs with an enriched experience that is intuitive, visually impressive, and effective? Do you want to apply your skills to help drive customer experience and economic transformation across our retail and pricing insights business? Does the idea of streaming data and delivering critical insights to customers pique your interest? RetailData is looking for two Product Owners to join our Team.
The Product Owner for Subscription Insights will be the driving force in understanding the questions and problems our B2B retailer customers face and turning those questions into solutions and products by assessing their strategies, team makeup, and how to best package automated and dynamic answers by leveraging expansive data sets.
The Product Owner of Platform Services will play an integral role in advancing the nervous system of RetailData’s customer-facing capabilities. The suite of content driven by this role provides customers the necessary features and functionality to enhance their overall experience by building convenience, ease of use, and the automation of workflow and information needs.
You will work with architects, analysts, data scientists, service designers, process engineers, and developers to translate customer opportunities, needs, feedback and technology capabilities into scalable, resilient, and efficient customer-centric services. You will develop end-to-end solutions to help us better serve our platform customers.
THIS POSITION OFFERS
- Competitive compensation package, starting base salary range is $75K-$95K
- Eligibility for 10% annual bonus based on company performance
- Medical, Dental and Vision Coverage
- Company paid Life and AD&D Insurance
- 401(k) with company match
- Stock Purchase Program
- Paid holidays and time off
- Responsible for innovating products and services while owning their end-to-end launch
- Partner with software engineers, architects, business intelligence, client engagement, UX and design professionals to conceive and deliver functionalities within our pricing insights platform to reimagine how we provide clients with a best-in-class experience
- Lead an aggressive agenda to modernize the way our B2B customers manage, review, and draw insights from their own data and the mass capture of pricing and assortment information across multiple channels in the competitive retail landscape
- Develop hypotheses, build MVPs, and run pilots determining product definition, feature set, and overall value across customer satisfaction, feasibility, and profitability
- Be a part of overall thought leadership around platform development at the intersection of information, user experience, and technology to create measurable business and customer value
- Provide vision and direction to the Agile development team and stakeholders throughout the project and create requirements
- Own the product roadmap and translate high level needs into requirements and stories
- Assess value, develop cases, and prioritize epics and stories to ensure work focuses on maximum value that aligns with ultimate product strategy
- Play an active role in mitigating impediments impacting successful completion of sprint goals
- Research and analyze market, users, and valuable enhancements for the platform
- Follow our competitors in the industry and keep abreast of advances in Agile/Scrum best practices and trends
- Serve on planning and policy-making committees
- Collaborate with an extended team beyond the central platform organization
- Other duties as assigned
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILL REQUIREMENTS
- BS/BA Degree in Computer Science, Engineering, or similar relevant field
- 5+ years of experience in essential Product Owner duties, translating business strategy into digital products and services.
- 3+ years of experience and in-depth knowledge in Agile product management, processes, and principles
- Outstanding communication, presentation, and leadership skills
- Excellent organizational and time management skills
- Sharp analytical and problem-solving skills
- Creative thinker with a vision
- Attention to detail
- Willingness to work a flexible schedule
- Have a solid understanding of, and experience in, Software as a Service product development.
- Demonstrate exceptional written, verbal, presentation
- Time and fiscal budget management skills.
- Strong personal computer and office software application skills.
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement: RetailData is committed to a policy of nondiscrimination and equal opportunity for all employees and qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religious creed, national origin, sex, age, disability, marital status, or sexual orientation