Asset Recovery Specialist – Field Technology Support
Location: Glen Allen, Virginia, United States
Job ID: 4640
Standard Hours: 40
Compensation Range: $21.65 - $26.45 per hour
RetailData partners with the largest retailers in the world to provide competitive intelligence solutions. With consumers dynamically shifting their purchasing patterns between the various in-store and e-commerce sales channels, we are perpetually innovating new solutions and products to meet client needs. Our industry-leading expertise in price, assortment and promotional data sets, in conjunction with our expansive technology and analytics platforms, has positioned us perfectly to help retailers navigate these unprecedented retail changes.
About the Role:
The Asset Recovery Specialist – Field Technology Support will lead in managing the recovery process of assets. This includes ensuring all field-issued assets/equipment are accounted for both incoming and outgoing, and inventory is accurately maintained within the Company Asset Management Database. The Asset Recovery Specialist – Field Technology Support will also provide technical support to research associates in the field who collect data via mobile devices (Company issued mobile scanners and future bring-your-own-device support).
What You’ll Do:
- Execute asset recovery processes and assist with refining and updating processes as needed.
- Inspect all recovered assets upon receipt and update internal records.
- Perform status updates in the database for all recovered assets.
- Troubleshoot, research, and amend database records as required.
- Provide on-call, and email support to research associates in the field, which includes troubleshooting various hardware/software related issues, wireless connectivity issues, and transmission errors within Retail Data’s proprietary application(s).
- Create and manage service tickets to resolution while adhering to our service level agreement and best practices.
- Conduct periodic audits of the database to ensure all records are accurately maintained.
- Produce and distribute asset reporting to senior management.
- Other duties as assigned.
What You’ll Need:
- Bachelor’s degree in business or related field.
- Minimum of 3 years of relevant experience, or equivalent combination of education, and experience.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to maintain professional etiquette.
- ServiceNow experience a strong plus.
- Intermediate knowledge of Microsoft Word & Excel.
- Strong working knowledge of our asset portfolio.
- Ability to multi-task in a fast-paced environment.
- Organized with a strong attention to detail.
- Ability to work well with others in a team environment.
- Availability to work weekends on a rotational basis.
- Availability to work occasional overtime.
- Ability to meet the physical requirements of the job including sitting for long periods, using a computer and phone; ability to lift 40 pounds, stretch, bend, and stoop, throughout the day.
- A competitive hourly rate.
- Comprehensive benefits package that includes: medical, dental, vision, 401(k) with match, and more.
- An international and diverse work environment.
- Opportunity to begin making immediate contributions to the organization.
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement: RetailData is committed to a policy of nondiscrimination and equal opportunity for all employees and qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religious creed, national origin, sex, age, disability, marital status, or sexual orientation