Senior Data Analyst
Location: Glen Allen, Virginia, United States
Job ID: 5388
Standard Hours: 40
Compensation Range: $75,000 - $95,000
RetailData partners with the largest retailers in the world to provide competitive intelligence solutions. With consumers dynamically shifting their purchasing patterns between the various in-store and e-commerce sales channels, we are perpetually innovating new solutions and products to meet client needs. Our industry-leading expertise in price, assortment and promotional data sets, in conjunction with our expansive technology and analytics platforms, has positioned us perfectly to help retailers navigate these unprecedented retail changes.
About the Role:
We are seeking a Senior Data Analyst to help drive a very exciting product and growth program within our newly formed technology services venture. In response to growing demand from our clients to provide solutions to identify and react to near real time actionable insights, we are expanding our services in data and analytics solutions.
In this role you will be responsible for applying cutting edge analytic approaches to drive insight from our data and to package that insight to be consumed by our clients or internal stakeholders. Your major focus will be on connecting large and diverse data sources to uncover new approaches to solve critical business problems in and efficient and innovative way.
What You’ll Do:
- Identify, analyze, interpret, and provide conclusions of metrics, trends, and/or patterns of complex data systems to support business strategy.
- Organize findings from analysis and translate all figures into an understandable document for business usage.
- Perform ad hoc analysis and research using database queries, data manipulation, and geospatial evaluation to support project plans, enhancements, and/or improvements.
- Engage with internal and external stakeholders to translate business problem statements into an analytic gameplay that they can execute.
- Have an intellectual curiosity to want to understand and explain questions and observations in the data.
What You’ll Need:
- Bachelor’s degree plus 3+ years of Data Analytics experience or a Masters’ degree in an analytics centric field and 2+ years of experience.
- Excellent planning, organizational and time management skills.
- Stakeholder management, negotiation and influencing skills.
- At least 2 years of experience in Python and/or other data scripting languages
- At least 2 years of experience utilizing a business intelligence visualization tool (Tableau, Power BI, etc.).
- At least 3 years of experience in querying and analyzing and working with data languages and platforms (SQL) to investigate large and diverse data sets.
- Demonstrated ability to learn and apply newly emerging data analytic toolkits depending on the problem statement.
- Opportunity to work remotely, on a hybrid schedule
- A competitive base salary plus annual bonus eligibility.
- An international and diverse work environment.
- Opportunity to begin making immediate contributions to the organization.
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement: RetailData is committed to a policy of nondiscrimination and equal opportunity for all employees and qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religious creed, national origin, sex, age, disability, marital status, or sexual orientation